10/11/2011

Tick Tok

Tick tok,
Grandfather's watch clicks
It clicks on my hand
I stare at Grandfather

Tick tok,
Grandfather's watch clicks
It clicks in my memory
Grandfather asks me,
"Do you know why the watch clicks?"
I shake my head
Grandfather smiles, and says
"My heart pulse made it"

Tick tok,
Grandfather's watch clicks
It clicks on a bed in a hospital
Grandfather never stares back

Tick tok,
Water from my eyes drops
It drops on Grandfather's watch
I smile, and say
"But now, you made it stop."





i read a short story a week ago. it was about grandfather's watch. and i think it is quite touching so i made wrote this poem. the poem wasn't personal at all.

my grandpa was dead when i was just a baby. i don't have any memory about him. so... ya. but i put my feeling of missing my grandma who died three years ago, in to this poem.

hope you enjoyed!

Photo from: http://www.bestoftimeswatch.com/watch%20repair.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment